Friday, March 04, 2005

Essays

Boy, am I tired of grading essays! I really like teaching English -- both the composition side and the literature side. But I'm really TIRED of grading essays.

This current set I'm grading (which I should have been able to finish by this past Wednesday, but didn't) is really pretty good. The level of detail in the descriptions is generally higher than in previous semesters, and I mean in both classes.

There just has to be a better way than this. I don't know what it is, but there just has to be!!

1 comment:

Marilynn said...

I'm looking into various companies (such as Houghton Mifflin) who hire people to be online instructors. That would be similar to the erstwhile AOL tutoring (live help, not simply message boards) that was so effective. HMCO, however, pays tutors to do this!! And there are other places, too -- live help through libraries and school districts all over the country. Believe me! I'm looking into all of these I can find!! =)